Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Life in the Fast Lane

If anyone would have told me that my recovery would have been this slow...wait...people did tell that it would be this slow I just didn't believe them.  Ok let me start that again...if I had of believed the people who told me that my recovery would have been this slow I think I would be in a deep depression.  I think what keeps me upbeat and chugg'n along is the fact that even though I know it's slow...I still don't believe any of you...haha seriously, true I don't and that's what keeps me going.  I still think I'm super woman, just with a wounded cape, I still think I can do everything, I just need assistance with all of it, and I still think that my life is racing along as it normally would be I've just switched lanes.

Before, all my lanes were this...get up, kids off, get to work, work work work, come home, cook super, some sort of house work thing, kid homework/or sign a paper that HAD to be in yesterday then off to something that has to do with the kids all the while, still able to find time to grocery shop, pay bills, bring in wood, mow the grass, shovel snow (we live in Nova Scotia, you could mow and shovel on the same day I swear) and maybe just MAYBE get a few hours of sleep.

This, meaning recovery, is life in the fast lane.  My body is repairing itself at a rate that most likely is unmeasurable, which is exhausting.  Life in the fast lane is seeing the eye clinic on Monday, Neurologist on Wednesday (today) family Doctor on Thursday,  Balance and Dizziness Clinic next Thursday, My daughter's Immunologist appointment the next Thursday, MRI the following Monday and finally Neurosurgeon the Monday after that.  In between all of that there are 2 cheer competitions and 7 practices, and I can't drive to any of this.  Life in the fast lane has a totally different meaning then it did 7 months ago.  Life in the fast lane is all about slowing down, asking for help and finally surrendering , something I didn't know I could do until I switched lanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment