Friday, September 27, 2013

Up Up And.......

Something both shocking and amazing has occurred to me in the past few months.  My kids don't remember all the cool stuff I did with them when they were charging through the toddler years.  It then painfully occurred to me, that it was MY memories that they didn't remember.   I've sat on this for a few weeks and have come to the realization that it's ok that they don't remember finger painting, homemade play dough, play dates or museum outings.    Because THESE are the influential years, the preteen and teenage ones.  These are the years my kids will remember and I had to throw a brain tumour in there for them.  Ugh...I've cried about this, sobbed really, thinking why do my kids have to deal with such a terrifying burden at such influential ages.  That is not fair my friends, not fair at all.  However, the only fair I know is the one with the ferris wheel, so just like the Merry go round we need to hop on.  I will take them as high as I can while I can and hopefully we will get many more years going around and around.

 There's nothing stopping me from taking some homemade play dough up there with us is there?






No comments:

Post a Comment