Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's Best to Sit in The Back

Last week was a busy, which in turn means my mind needs this week to recover.  This truly has to be the oddest life experience I have ever had.  I just don't "work" like I used to.  My brain needs extra time for it's thoughts, my body needs extra time for it's daily chores and I'm figuring out that my soul needs extra time for itself.  Healing one's soul is not easy.  I take comfort in reading other's stories.  There is so much encouragement and understanding in the Brain Tumour Community that I find myself gravitating there.  All of these people and their families understand this roller coaster ride.  Days of feeling like you are almost yourself again, just to find out the very next day that exhausting once again took over your entire being.  I take comfort is learning from these families that they too experienced this and it's not easy, it's not fun, however, through positive thought you can make the best of it.  So, here I sit today on another #BrainTumorThursday wondering what I can contribute through social media that will help raise awareness.  Then I realize that the best place for me to be today is riding the back of the roller coaster, watching and listening to all the people in front of me who have already went up and down these hills.  I can learn from each and every one of you on this ride and for that I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment