Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Merry Go Round

Do you remember them?  Merry go rounds.  The old school kind, a flat round disc with 6 shinny bars, everyone would run as fast as they could, jump on and spin at high speed.  I can remember being dragged, falling off, missing as I was jumping on...ahhhh good times!!   It's crazy to think how dangerous they were, I guess that's why you don't see them around anymore (although I don't frequent play grounds now that my kids are older...so I may be mistaken) My point is, spinning around at high speeds, facing danger was exciting.  Now at 41, I'm back on the Merry go round, still spinning, still facing danger however, the excitement part has changed, the shinny bars have lost their appeal.  I want to jump off, walk away from this madness, move on and never look back, but my brain tumour won't let me.  One would think I had control over that, but I don't.  The only thing I can do is hang on tight and with each rotation try and smile though it.  I'm grateful and thankful for the wonderful care I receive however, I'm most grateful for the handful of people who have stuck by me through this.  Those who pray, those who call, I'm glad you are on my Merry Go Round


1 comment:

  1. Maybe in enough time tumours will be eliminated the same as those horrible go rounds, there's nothing merry about them.

    ReplyDelete