Thursday, July 25, 2013

Time vs Thyme

It's been a little while since I posted something.  I've kind of had my head into brain tumour research.  From a survivors perspective, that's "Google" research.  What I'm finding is there really is not a whole lot of research  for benign brain tumours.  I'm finding heaps of information about cancerous ones which is fantastic and I've learned a lot.  Some of the information can certainly be crossed referenced.  However, what seems to be misunderstood is how benign brain tumours can be as serious as cancerous ones depending on their location.  Can even mimic symptoms.  I've joined this great website called It's Just Benign founded by Beth Rosenthal who had a benign brain tumour and still suffers the effects.  She started the website because she too was having trouble finding information that wasn't cancer related.  It's a great site with lots of information and a great place to connect with others who are living with lingering side effects.

I've been attending my physio which is working wonders but have to ask myself if there something I'm missing.  Is there something I can be doing for my own health.  Something I could be eating, a supplement I could be taking?  Some sort of alternative medicine. I've seen a wonderful massage therapist named Mary Steckle for years.  She works out of Active Approach in Halifax and specializes in Craniosacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation and Myofasical Release.  She has been working on my "head and body" for years but like anyone who has treated me in the past for my multiple medical complaints, never suspected a brain tumour.  I've seen her once since my surgery and think it's time to go back.  

Sadly, because of my balance issues I've hurt my knee.  I've tweaked it catching myself off balance I think, however, physio is telling me to get an x-ray as it's been hurting quit badly for 4 weeks.  I wonder if Mary could fix that?

My eyes have improved once again, great way to end a blog post, with good news.  I'm now sporting the lowest prism possible, a number 1.  Am I a number 1?  No, I'm actually a 2, however, like always they give me the option to push my brain and eyes to work together.  So of course, I choose to push it.  It's a bit of an adjustment but I knew something had changed as my eye was hurting with the glasses on and with them off, I knew it was time to see the eye clinic once again.  They retested everything which was great.  My right eye is still not in line with the left but has improved.  She did tell me that they are not able to fix all of my visual problems with prisms and once again time is the only way to tell if my brain and eyes will once again work together.  Time, Time Time...  Maybe my alternative medicine is to start cooking with Thyme?  My perfect anniversary present from T Jay...Thyme in a can, open, water and once again wait for things to happen.  At least this "time" I get "thyme"


No comments:

Post a Comment