Friday, May 3, 2013

Have Tumour...Will Travel

We're back and Cuba for Christmas was fantastic. Certainly well worth all the hard work it took to save for our awesome vacation.  Seeing Cuba through your kids eyes is something I will never forget.  They were in awe of the culture and people just like I was last year.  I couldn't be more proud of their grace and kindness, I am one proud momma.

Having left the day after getting my MRI results I vowed not to think about anything she had to say to me.  Every time I caught myself wondering or asking myself the "what ifs" I'd turn to something of beauty and thanked God for the opportunity to be there to see it.  Of course I had my moments to myself on the beach or in the pool but I think I'm allowed those every once in a while.

The MRI was no surprise really, Honeycomb is still where he was and bubblegum looks like someone popped him.  Just a flat piece of gum stuck in my brain, she referred to that piece of gum as a "carpet", I hate carpet!!!  So I was expecting to her ask how things were going, like physio and my eye sight and she did but then the conversation very quickly turned to options.  Options?  what does that mean, what options?  I thought surgery was the option and then you recovered, got better, went back to work.  Hmmm, not the case.  She said that it made sense to think about radiation while the tumour is small, but of course it is my decision.  She would speak with her colleague about seeing me and providing me with more information.  As we left the office and began our vacation, T Jay and I thought I guess we'll see what they say down the road, it's only information after all.  Well after opening the mail the day after our return "down the road" is only three weeks away.  Geesh, I thought that's a short road, nothing like being thrown right back into it.  As I once again spent an hour or so processing new information in my inward withdrawn manner I thought suck it up.  Me, my family and my tumour just spent an amazing week South, that was my break.  And although I came back to full on appointments again how can you not count your blessings for what matters most, spending time with family.  Yes the vacation we had was not 100% of what I had in mind when I originally booked it before my diagnoses, it was better!!!  Watching them play in the surf, extending kindness to others and just hanging out.  It's going to take a lot more then a brain tumour to stop me from enjoying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment