Monday, April 14, 2014

Migraine Madness

Struck down again with yet another migraine.  I remember when my migraines told me they were on their way.  A burning sensation up the back on my neck, then aura, then bam....that headache that only a migraine sufferer would understand.  Lately, they have taken on "the sneak attack" approach.  I had two migraines that caused partial loss of vision prior to my diagnoses, scared me to say the least. I had a break from them after my surgery.  I guess my body took pity on me knowing I was dealing with recovery.

My last two migraine, both very different had a common theme.  Weird visual disturbances.  Yesterday in the middle of a conversation with my best friend, I couldn't finish my sentence.  I tried but I couldn't, my mind was trying to process the sudden visual field I was seeing.  The fish bowl affect.  We have all seen it in pictures, camera settings etc.  It's like looking through thick glass.  Then all I could see when I closed my eyes was a half moon made of crystals, so bright then blue and red.  Tears are flowing at this point as I am in panic mode.  Once again, thank God for T Jay calming me down to the point that the moon disappeared, leaving me with a wicked pressure in my head.  To bed I went.

Today, I'm tired, confused and a tad bit frustrated.  I would do anything to have my life back before my tumour took up residence.  I would do anything to have my tumour completely removed.  I wonder why I have to live with a brain tumour.  I sometimes wonder what fate has in store for me.  I don't know the answer to that.  What I do know is I have a big presence ( a polite way of saying I have a big mouth)  I would scream from the roof top that funding is needed, research is crucial and support is necessary.  And that's why I walk in the Spring Sprint to support the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada.  This year we walk on Saturday May 10th at the Canada Games Centre in Clayton Park.   I would love to have you walk with us.  My team is called Recovery Roadsters, just click on the name, it will take you right to my fundraising page.  It really is the only thing that makes me feel like I have purpose right now.  Other then of course my amazing family.  I want the world to know that there are thousands of people affected by this illness, it's real, it's not pretty and it's underfunded.  I can help change that by telling my story, giving you a glimpse of what it's like to live with a brain tumour.

My head may be hurting but my mind is comforted by purpose.  Take a look at the following link, it has common signs and symptoms of a brain tumour.  


No comments:

Post a Comment